Players trying for a MINORS division team will need to attend this player Assessment (tryout). Details to come.
Minors Division: League Age 9 - 10
- A moderately competitive level with some rule modifications.
- This division continues development and is designed to introduce players to pitching.
- Players should already be able to hit, throw and catch with proficiency.
- Defensive positioning becomes more specialized.
- 100% kid-pitch.
Skills: consistent ability to throw and catch, can hit an easy pitch
most of the time, hitting balls to the outfield more often.
- Stealing is permitted with some exceptions. Players have an increased awareness of more complex situations.
- Team selection by skills assessment and team draft in March.
- Players registering for a Minors team will need to attend the skills assessment.
- "Home Plate" Umpire/Coach will call balls/strikes.
- Teams and families practice good sportsmanship. Providing positive encouragement, and respecting coaches, umpires and opponents.
- Scores and standings are kept for the first time and there is a tournament.
season starts Mid-April and typically ends in early June with a City
Tournament for the top seeded teams at the end of the season.
- Games are 2 times per week and practices can be up to 5 days a week, depending on the coach.
- Required Equipment - Mitt, Cleats, Baseball Pants, Athletic Cup. Personal Bats must meet Little League Safety Standards.
- This division will have an All-Star team representing the division at the end of the season.